Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014; big year ahead

The start of a new year is always a time of great promise and great opportunity. Plans are made. Goals are set. Excitement is high.

This year is no exception.

2014 looks like being an absolute cracker with lots of exciting change and amazing new challenges.

Mrs J and I are due our first baby in February. Whatever we think and however well prepared we are, we know the change about to hit us will be huge. We are so excited and can't wait to become parents. I know my wife will be the best Mum ever. We are so lucky to have such great examples to follow in our families and to be surrounded by such amazing support. It is fair to say that excitement levels are now reaching fever pitch on both sides of the Irish Sea!

To the new role of Dad, I am adding a new work role too. Tomorrow, I start my new job as a Director at PwC. I will become the new Communications Network Leader in the UK. Another fantastic new challenge with a great organisation and great people- I can't wait to get started.

2014 is only a few hours old and already it is filled with wonderful opportunities and excitement. Bring it on!

No comments: