Saturday 9 October 2010

Chancellor supports Mersey Gateway

I was really pleased to hear the Chancellor's supportive comments last week about the Mersey Gateway project, describing it as an ‘incredibly important project’.

We all know how difficult the economic climate is within government and what a mess the Labour government left us with. We also know how important this project is for Halton and the north west; delivering jobs and investment that will build a long term legacy of growth for the region.

During my time as the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate in Halton I gave my full support to the project, trying to use whatever influence I had with the key decision-makers.

I hope that the new government will be able to support the Mersey Gateway despite the disastrous economic situation it has inherited.

No comments: