Friday 7 May 2010

Halton General Election result

I have set out the result from Halton below, which shows a 3% swing from Labour to the Conservatives and an increase in our vote.

I am very pleased that we finished well clear of the Liberal Democrats in second place, and very proud of our positive and determined campaign. As I said in my speech after the declaration last night, I congratulate Derek Twigg on his achievement of being returned as the Member for Halton for a fourth time.

I am returning to the Halton Stadium this morning, hoping for more good news from the local election count!

Labour 23,843
Conservative 8,339
Lib Dem 5,718
BNP 1,563
UKIP 1,228
Green 647

Majority 15,504
Turnout 60.2%

Swing of 2.9% from Labour to Conservatives
Conservative vote up 0.3%
Labour majority down 5.2%


http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/election2010/results/constituency/b97.stm

No comments: