Sunday 3 January 2010

Fox hunting

I have received a number of emails asking for my view on fox-hunting, specifically whether I would support the repeal of the Hunting Act, or whether I support its continuation. I have included a copy of my reply below;


Many thanks for your email.

To answer your question directly; I would vote to repeal the Hunting Act.

As you may know, the Conservatives have promised a free vote on this issue in the next Parliament, allowing MPs from all sides of the House to vote with their conscience.

I personally would not want to see too much Parliamentary time spent on this issue (as was spent when it was originally passed), as I think the country has a great number of other more pressing priorities.

I would like to state that I have never been hunting, or have any desire to go hunting, but I believe that the Hunting Act has proved unworkable and that it should be repealed, to be replaced by a system which ensures the welfare of wild animals.

I would be more than happy to discuss further.

Best regards,
Ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a disgusting viewpoint. Neither I nor any of my family or friends would ever vote for someone like yourself who supports such a barbaric bloodsport that has rightfully been outawed!

Anonymous said...

How much Fox Hunting happens in the constituency?