Wednesday 1 July 2009

Supporting Halton

Today I made a submission to the Conservative Party’s Commission on Transport for the North supporting the Mersey Gateway project. I have included an extract below:

“The Mersey Gateway project is a vitally important transport and regeneration project for my constituency and the North West region. It will help alleviate traffic congestion, support local businesses to be more competitive, act as a catalyst for regeneration throughout the area, and create new jobs. This much-needed and long over-due development is welcomed by local people and those across the political spectrum.

In my role as PPC for Halton, I spoke in favour of the project at the North West Area Conference in March 2009, and have been campaigning on this important issue since my selection in November 2008, working with other neighbouring PPCs and local councillors."

My recommendation to the commission was to "support the Mersey Gateway project. This is more than a bridge; it has the potential to be a catalyst that will connect communities and lead regeneration and investment throughout Halton and the North West.”

No comments: