Tuesday 19 May 2009

Hillsborough files- update

Three weeks after writing to the Home Secretary asking about the unreleased Hillsborough files, I have received a standard response from the Home Office's "Direct Communications Unit". There is very little "direct" in the communication I have received, which completely avoids committing to the release of the files, any timescales for the decision on the release of files and ominously says; "the Government is considering how best to co-ordinate a review and, wherever possible, disclose any unreleased papers held by governmental agencies".

I hope this is not evidence of appearing to support a popular campaign (i.e. jumping on a bandwagon) only to backtrack when no-one appears to be looking. I have written to the Home Secretary again today to continue my request for answers.

No comments: