Thursday 26 March 2009

Bold Heath Quarry

Last week I met with some North Widnes residents to discuss the Bold Heath Quarry. They are fighting an excellent campaign on behalf of local people and I offered them my full support.

Following our meeting I wrote to the Planning Inspectorate supporting the decision made by St Helens Council to reject the planning application in relation to the quarry, and have been in contact with the local press and made the following comment:

"I fully support the Bold Action Group in their continued campaign against plans to covert the Bold Heath Quarry into a landfill scheme. I met with local residents at the site last week and saw for myself the serious dangers the increased traffic and polluting dust would create in the area.

In January, St Helens Council rightly rejected the planning application in order to protect the health and safety of local residents. This decision should now be upheld by the Planning Inspectorate. I have written to the Inspectorate to support the case put by the residents and call upon all local people to do the same. The Inspectorate should now put the health and safety of residents first."

No comments: